The weekend is here and for many of us, we’ll be celebrating various religious holidays.
Although we may find it hard to celebrate in a time of global crisis, we humans are rather resilient.
We’re always looking for a good time.
Here’s five things to take away for this Friday:
- Read a good book. Especially one with pictures? I recommend Wolf Empire: An Intimate Portrait of a Species, by Scott Ian Barry.
- Video chat with someone you care about. Don’t just do this for five minutes either. Have an actual conversation with some emojis.
- Go for a walk. This doesn’t require any interaction with anyone. If you’re fortunate enough to get out and about, do it.
- Listen to some jazz. Coltrane, Koz, or Catherine Russell will get you in the groove.
- Practice gratitude. Don’t just save this one for the weekend, but this weekend especially, be grateful.
I’m grateful for my readers among many other things. Stay safe. Stay healthy.